Ligota Mała (former: Klein Ellguth) is a village in the Oleśnica (Oels) area of Lower Silesia (Niederschlesien), southwest Poland.
Three things you might not know about Ligota Mała:
- Prior to 1945 Ligota Mała was called Klein Ellguth and part of Germany.
- The church in the village is dedicated to Our Lady of Częstochowa. The church tower dates from around the 15th century, and the rest of the church largely from the late 19th century.
- Crown Prince Wilhelm Hohenzollern (1882-1951) – the last successor to the throne of the Prussian Empire and the German Empire – had his summer residence here, and the nearby forests were his favourite hunting grounds.
Related content on Polish Poland:
- Part of a pre-war German 1:100 000 map of Ligota Mała (Klein Ellguth) and the forests around.
- Archive photos and information on the nearby villages of Bystre (Ludwigsdorf), Długołęka (Langewiese), Kątna (Suesswinkel), Krzeczyn (Kritschen), Ligota Wielka (Groß Ellguth / Gross Ellguth), Oleśniczka (Klein Oels), Smolna (Schmollen), and Solniki Wielkie (Gross Zoellnig).