A selection of old communist-era images of Wągrowiec in Wielkopolskie, north west Poland.
Some things you might not know about Wągrowiec:
- The current population of Wagrowiec is around 25,000.
- Wagrowiec is located at the heart of the Wielkopolski Lake District.
- The best of the nearby lakes are probably Durowo and Kaliszanskie in Kamienica.
- Wągrowiec has a relatively busy railway station with trains to places like Poznań, Gołańcz, Inowrocław, Drawski Młyn and Bydgoszcz Główna.
- A pyramid shaped tomb for Captain Lakinski can be visited.
- In 1941 Wągrowiec was renamed Eichenbrück by the occupying German administration.
- Prior to 1919 Wągrowiec was called Wongrowitz.