Elbing / Elblag

Three old picture postcards of German-era Elbing, which since 1945 has been called Elblag, and part of Poland.

Elbing Elblag

Elbing Elblag Poland

Elbing Elblag Shipping

Elbing was almost totally destroyed during the fighting between defending German forces and the Soviet Red Army at the end of the Second World War. The part of Germany in which the city is located was ceded to Poland under the various border changes agreed at the Potsdam Conference, and renamed Elbląg.

Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on Twitter

Leave a Reply