Three pictures of pre-war Glogau, Silesia, since 1945, Glogow, Poland.
Glogau in to Glogow
The German town of Glogau was besieged for six weeks by the Soviet Red Army at the end of World War Two and as a result 95% of the town was destroyed. After which as happened with the rest of Lower Silesia, Glogau was given to Poland and the inhabitants of the town expelled westward. Glogau was then renamed Głogów and Poles from central Poland and what is today Ukraine moved in to the town.
Głogów is a town in south-west Poland. It is located in the province of Lower Silesia and has a population of just over 71,000. The name of the town derives from the German and Polish names for hawthorn.