Głuchowo / Woxfelde Through Time
An old lithographic postcard of Głuchowo (former Woxfelde) in what was then Neumark / East Brandenburg, c.1899.
A selection of pre-war images showing the tiny village of Głuchowo (Woxfelde), near Sulecin (Zielenzig), Lubuskie, Poland.
A garden in Głuchowo (Woxfelde), in what is now Lubuskie in western Poland, c.1919.
Głuchowo was called Woxfelde and part of the German province of East Brandenburg / Neumark until the end of the Second World War when it was renamed and became part of Poland. The current population of Głuchowo is less than two hundred.
A photograph of the main street through Woxfelde (Gluchowo), near Oststernberg, c.1933.
Related content: old pre-war images of the nearby city of Landsberg an der Warthe (Gorzów).