Three photographs of a little-known Jewish cemetery in Lubuskie, western Poland.
This somewhat neglected Jewish cemetery is located high on a hill overlooking the small town of Skwierzyna in the west of Poland. It contains more than two hundred graves with the earliest we could identify dating back to 1747. Most headstones are made of Sandstone. Many have unfortunately suffered damage since the cemetery went out of use before the Second World War.
Although, now very much a part of Poland this location was part of Germany until 1945 and the town named Schwerin an der Warthe.
Related content: more about Skwierzyna.