Here we present a selection of images from our picture archive of the small town of Kriescht (until 1945: Kriescht) in the province of Lubuskie in the far west of Poland.
Three things you may not know about Krzeszyce:
- Prior to the end of World War II Krzeszyce was called Kriescht and part of Germany.
- Krzeszyce is part of the Sulecin powiat (county) and as a result all cars have registration (number) plates beginning with the letters FSU.
- The present-day population of Krzeszyce is around 1,600.
Related content on Polish Poland:
- Old images of the villages of Świerkocin (former: Fichtwerder) and Nowiny Wielkie (Doellensradung).
- Information and photographs of the neighboring towns of Lubniewice and Sulecin.