A selection of images of the village of Kunowice in Lubuskie, western Poland.
Random facts and information on Kunowice:
- Until 1945 Kunowice was called Kundersdorf and part of Germany.
- An important battle took place here in August 1759 between King Frederick II’s Prussian army and the Russian and Austrian armies. Prussia was defeated.
- There are many links between the nearby border town of Slubice and Kunowice. So much so that, perhaps, it may one day become part of the larger town.
- Despite having a population of less than 1,000 Kunowice has its own railway station, school, several shops, and a petrol station.
Related content on Polish Poland: Old images of the nearby town of Rzepin.