Kursko

kursko

A tourist information board for the Miedzyrzecz area in Kursko.

Kursko (former: Kurzig) is a small village with a population of less than 300. It is located in the Miedzyrzecz area of the province of Lubuskie, Poland.

Kursko manor house

The recently restored nineteenth century neo-classical manor house in Kursko.

Did you know?

- A large lake of over 70 hectares in sizes can be seen in Kursko.
- The church in Kursko was built in 1938. It was built to replace an early eighteenth century church, which was destroyed at the end of World War Two.

kursko poczta

Post boxes where mail is left for several of the houses in Kursko.

- Ruins that formed part of the impressive Miedzyrzecki Fortified Region (ostwall) dating back to 1934-1945 can be seen in and around Kursko. This part of the pre-war German fortification system, known as Schill, consists of several bunkers, a swingbridge over a canal, a machine gun position and a railway bridge complete with inscriptions including names and dates in German from the war years.

Kursko osada

‘Osada Kursko’ – the centre of thirteenth century settlement in Kursko.

Related content: Information on and photographs of the nearby village of Chycina (former: Weissensee).

Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on Twitter

Leave a Reply