Ownice (former: Oegnitz) is a small village with a population of around 295 in the county of Sulecin (Zielenzig) in the province of Lubuskie, western Poland.
Interesting little-known facts about Ownice:
- The church was built in 1867 and originally Protestant.
- Ownice is located around six kilometres south-east of Słońsk (Sonnenberg).
- Until 1945, Ownice was called Oegnitz / Ognitz and part of Ostbrandenburg, Germany.
- Soviet troops entered and took control of Ownice on the 3rd February 1945.