A scan of a very rare postcard from the Oflag II C Prisoner of War (POW) camp in Woldenberg Neumark, Germany, since 1945, Dobiegniew, Lubuskie, Poland.
Oflag II C Prisoner of War (POW) camp in Woldenberg was built to house Polish Army officers. It was a large complex consisting of brick and wooden buildings and at different times housed between 500 and 2,000 prisoners of war. Around the camp were eight watchtowers with light and heavy machine guns and searchlights. Different parts of the camp were also separated from one another by barbed wire fencing. There is a small museum on the site today, which is well worth a visit.
See also our page with more pictures of pre-war Woldenberg / Dobiegniew.