Here is our family recipe for omlety (omelette). Simple, tasty, cheap, fast, traditional. This is definitely not just a Polish dish but is something that is eaten very often in Poland.
- 4 eggs
- 10 grams unsalted butter
- 40g hard cheese, grated
- 2 slices of thick ham, chopped
- Beat the eggs together in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan. Pour in the beaten eggs and cook until the bottom of the omelette is lightly set.
- Turn over and repeat.
- Place the cheese and ham on the omelette and continue to cook until the cheese has melted.
- Continue to cook the omelette until brown on the bottom.
- Fold the omelette in half. Remove from the pan. Serve.