Here are some of our favourite Polish proverbs. All are translated from the original Polish into English, of course!
- A noisy cow gives little milk.
- Hunger will lead a fox out of his hole.
- The greatest oaks have been little acorns.
- Love comes to a man through his eyes, woman through her ears.
- You become whom you befriend.
- When wood is being chopped, shavings fly.
- Nowadays you must go to heaven to meet an angel.
- The woman cries before the wedding and the man after.
Additional proverbs will be added to this page as and when we remember one.
Join our mailing list for Polish Poland website updates in your email inbox. We are both full-time teachers and therefore only have time to add content to the site in our spare time. So you are unlikely to get more than five or six emails each month. Less if we aren’t feeling inspired or are busy at school!