Prittisch / Przytoczna

Prittisch Przytoczna schwerin

Children gathered outside the Catholic Church in Przytoczna / Prittisch, c.1905.

A selection of old images from our collection of the village of Przytoczna (Prittisch), near Skwierzyna (Schwerin), Lubuskie, western Poland.

Prittisch Przytoczna lubuskie

Three different picture postcard views of Przytoczna / Prittisch, c.1912.

Some things you may not know about Przytoczna:
- Prior to 1945 Przytoczna was called Prittisch and part of East Brandenburg, Germany.
- The village has two very nice lakes – Przytoczno and Nadolnym.
- Przytoczna has its own Jehovah’s Witnesses (Kingdom Hall).
- In recent years a Polish version of the famous Spanish ‘Tomatina’ tomato festival has been held in Przytoczna. Przytoczna’s Holy Tomato ‘Święta Pomidora’ Battle takes place in August of each year and people from far and wide take part.

Prittisch Przytoczna

Another rather interesting picture postcard of Przytoczna / Prittisch, c.1930.

Przytoczna has a population of around 2,000. It is located around 12 kilometres east of Skwierzyna and 20 kilometres north-east of Międzyrzecz.

Prittisch Przytoczna skwierzyna

More postcard views of Przytoczna (Prittisch), near Skwierzyna (Schwerin). This posted from Prittisch in 1942.

Related content on Polish Poland: Old images of nearby Schwerin / Skwierzyna.

Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on Twitter

Leave a Reply