Information on and images of the town of Recz (Reetz) in Zachodniopomorskie in Poland.
Some things you may not know about Recz:
- Until 1945 Recz was called Reetz and part of Germany.
- Around 70% of the town was destroyed at the end of the Second World War in the fighting between German and Soviet Red Army forces.
- Large parts of the 14th and 15th century walls and towers still exist.
- Recz has a railway station on the Szczecin, Wałcz to Piła line.
- Less than 3,000 people live in Recz.
Related content on Polish Poland: Images and information on nearby Choszczno.