Reppen / Rzepin

Reppen Rzepin

An old picture postcard mailed in 1927 from Reppen / Rzepin to the nearby city of Landsberg / Gorzow.

A selection of pre Second World War images of the town of Reppen / Rzepin, Lubuskie, Poland.

Reppen Rzepin Lubuskie

A late 1930s photo of the church and centre of Reppen, Brandenburg, Germany / Rzepin, Lubuskie, Poland.

Reppen into Rzepin

Prior to the end of the Second World War the town was called Reppen and part of Brandenburg / Neumark, Germany. However, in 1945 as a result of the Potsdam agreement and the newly created Oder-Neisse border the town became part of Poland. The pre-war population of Reppen were expelled, Poles from central Poland and what is now Ukraine moved in, and Reppen renamed Rypin and then finalised as Rzepin in May 1946.

rzepin reppen lubuskie

An aerial photographic view of the centre of Reppen, present-day Rzepin, c.1939.

reppen rzepin bahnhof railway

A photograph of Reppen (Rzepin) railway station as it looked in 1939.

Rzepin today

Rzepin is a town in the province of Lubuskie in western Poland. Its current population is around 6,500. Although, a small town, Rzepin is a fairly important, busy railway junction and somewhere that is popular with German and Polish trainspotters – with international trains stopping off and three different lines – Frankfurt Oder – Rzepin – Poznan; Szczecin – Rzepin – Glogow; and Rzepin – Ośno Lubuskie – Sulecin – Miedzyrzecz.

Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on Twitter

Leave a Reply