Images of Sierpc in Poland through time
The town of Sierpc is located in the province of Mazowieckie in central-east Poland.
Did you know that:
- The Yiddish name for Sierpc was Sheps.
Some other things you may not know about Sierpc in Poland:
- Around half of the residents of Sierpc were Jewish until the Second World War.
- Sierpc was called Sichelberg betwen 1939 and 1945.
- What remains of the town’s Jewish cemetery can be found on the bank of the river Sierpienica.
- Sierpc is a railway junction town with lines connecting it with Nasielska, Torun, Plock and Brodnica.
- Sierpc has a rather fine Open Air Museum (Skansen) -the Museum of Mazovian villages.
- Sierpc currently has a population of around 18,000.
Related content on Polish Poland: old images from our archive of the nearby city of Plock.