Three pictures of pre-war Stolp, Pomerania, now Slupsk, Poland.
Stolp into Slupsk
After the Second World War, according to the preliminary agreements of the conferences of Yalta and Potsdam, the German territories east of the Oder-Neisse line — most of Pomerania, Silesia, East Brandenburg, and East Prussia — were transferred to Poland and from the middle of 1945 through to late 1946. The town’s name was now changed to Słupsk by the Commission for the Determination of Place Names on 23 April 1945. Any remaining Germans were expelled and their houses in Stolp were taken over by Poles from central Poland and from the former Polish eastern territories taken by the Soviet Union. Also as elsewhere in these formerly German areas Ukrainians and Lemkos were settled in the town during Operation Vistula.
Słupsk is a city in the Pomeranian Voivodeship, in the northern part of Poland, with a population today of just under 100,000.