Information on and photographs of the lake and village of Chycina in the province of Lubuskie in western Poland.
Chycina is probably best known for the large student vacation and training centre located in the forest next to the lake. This holiday camp and sports centre is run by a school of physical education with teaching centres in Poznan and Gorzów. Apart from the student centre and lake there is a local shop, church, and a temporary bar, which operates during the summer months.
The GPS coordinates for Chycina are: 52° 28′ 55″ N, 15° 25′ 41″ E
Nearby towns and villages include: Bledzew; Lubniewice; Miezyrzecz; and Skwierzyna.
Related content on Polish Poland: old images of pre-war Weissensee / Chycina.
Here we have a selection of old picture postcards of what was prior to 1945 Weissensee in the German province of East Brandenburg. In 1945 following the redrawing of the Polish and German borders the village was renamed Chycina and became part of Poland. Today, Chycina is part of the Polish province of Lubuskie and a place not greatly changed from how it looks in the pre-war photographs included here.
The manor house above was built in the early nineteenth century by the von Kalckreuthow family. It was destroyed in 1945.
Not far from Chycina: Bledzew, Lubniewice, Miedzyrzecz, Skwierzyna.
Related content: information on and photographs of Chycina today.