A steam train at the railway station (bahnhof) in Niemcza (former: Nimptsch), c.1900.
Niemcza (former: Nimptsch) is a town in Lower Silesia (Niederschlesien / Dolny Śląsk), southwest Poland. It is located on the Sleza river and approximately 10 kilometres (6 miles) south of Łagiewniki, 20 kilometres (12 miles) east of Dzierżoniów, and 48 kilometres (30 miles) south of Wrocław.
Another view of the railway line in Niemcza (Nimptsch). This postcard was mailed in 1905.
Some random triva related to Niemcza:
- The German poet Friedrich von Logau was born in Niemcza in 1605.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe once lived in the town.
- A branch of the Gross-Rosen concentration camp was located in the town.
- After the war a large number of Greek refugees made Niemcza their home. There was even a Greek Primary school in the town up until the end of Communism in Poland.
- Much of Niemcza was flooded in 1997.
- The most recent census count put the population of Niemcza at just over 3,000.
The centre of Niemcza (Nimptsch) in Lower Silesia (Niederschlesien) as it looked in 1937.
See also the nearby towns of Dzierżoniów (Reichenbach im Eulengebirge), Łagiewniki (Heidersdorf), and Ligota Wielka (Groß Ellguth).
Gola Dzierżoniowska (German: Guhlau), c.1900
Gola Dzierżoniowska (former: Guhlau) is a tiny village in the foothills of the Owl Mountains in Lower Silesia (Niederschlesien), south-west of Poland.
Gola Dzierzoniowska (German name: Guhlau), near Niemcza (niem. Nimptsch) in Niederschlesien, c.1903.
Gola Dzierżoniowska (former: Guhlau) in Lower Silesia (Niederschlesien), c.1919.
Nearby villages and towns:
- Bielawa (Langenbielau)
- Dzierżoniów (Reichenbach)
- Jaźwina (Langseifersdorf)
- Łagiewniki (Heidersdorf)
- Ligota Wielka (Groß Ellguth)
- Niemcza (Nimptsch)
- Pieszyce (Peterswaldau).
- Piława Górna (Gnadenfrei).
- Ratajno (Panthenau).
- Sokolniki (Wättrisch).
An old lithograph postcard showing the villa, station, post office and main street in Łagiewniki (former Heidersdorf), c.1899.
Łagiewniki (former: Heidersdorf) is a small town in Lower Silesia, Poland.
The sugar factory, Catholic church and castle in Łagiewniki (former Heidersdorf) near Niemcza (Nimptsch), c.1914.
The main street through Lagiewniki (Heidersdorf), near Niemcza (Nimptsch), c.1929.
See more of old Lagiewniki / Heidersdorf.