Three pre-war picture postcards of Wloclawek, Poland. Click to enlarge images.
A picture postcard from around 1910 of the railway station in Włocławek, Poland.
The River Vistula in Wloclawek on an old picture postcard, c.1911.
Fact – During the German occupation of Wloclawek during the Second World War the city was renamed Leslau and annexed by decree to the German Reich.
An old postcard of a church in Wloclawek in Poland, c.1925.
Włocławek is a city situated on the river Vistula (Wisła) and Zgłowiączka in the Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship. Its current population is around 115,000.
See also some post-war communist period images of Wloclawek.
A photograph of the railway station in WLOCLAWEK in 1914,
Włocławek is a town in northern Poland, situated on the rivers Vistula and Zgłowiączka, with a population of more than 115,000.
A photograph of pre-war buildings in the centre of Wroclawek, Poland, c.1959.
Three images of Włocławek, kujawsko-pomorskie, during the communist period (1945 – 1990).
A photograph of Plac Wolności in Włocławek, Poland, c.1959.
Three things you may not know about Wloclawek:
- The biochemist, Leon Marchlewski, was born in Włocławek in 1869.
- Wloclawek has three railway stations and is located on the Kutno – Bydgoszcz – Toruń mainline.
- The registration plates of all cars and trucks registered in Wloclawek begin with the letters CW.
A picture of Stary Rynek in Włocławek, kujawsko-pomorskie, Poland, c.1974.
Wloclawek is located on the Vistula River in the Kuyavian-Pomeranian province of Poland.
Related content on Polish Poland: A selection of pre-war images of Wloclawek (wartime Leslau).