A selection of old picture postcards and photographs of the town of Tirschtiegel, since 1945, Trzciel, Lubuskie, Poland.
Some things you may not know about Trzciel:
- The River Obra flows through Trzciel.
- After the Treaty of Versailles at the end of World War One Tirschtiegel / Trzciel found itself located on the border between Germany and Poland.
- Trzciel was called Tirschtiegel until 1945 and part of Germany.
- The former synagogue is now the fire station.
- Despite some destruction after the Second World War, Trzciel has one of the best preserved Jewish cemeteries in Poland.
One or two other bits of information related to Trzciel:
- Trzciel is often used as a starting point for people canoeing the River Obra.
- The population of Trzciel last year numbered just over 2,450.
An interactive map of the Trzciel / Pszczew area of Lubuskie in western Poland.
Related content on Polish Poland: Information on the nearby town of Miedzyrzecz.