Here we have a selection of old picture postcards of what was prior to 1945 Weissensee in the German province of East Brandenburg. In 1945 following the redrawing of the Polish and German borders the village was renamed Chycina and became part of Poland. Today, Chycina is part of the Polish province of Lubuskie and a place not greatly changed from how it looks in the pre-war photographs included here.
The manor house above was built in the early nineteenth century by the von Kalckreuthow family. It was destroyed in 1945.
Related content: information on and photographs of Chycina today.