A small sample of the images we have in our archive of the city of Zielona Gora, Lubuskie, Poland.
Some things you may not know about Zielona Góra:
- Prior to 1945 Zielona Gora was called Grünberg and part of Germany.
- Both the Polish and German names for the city translate into English as ‘Green Mountain’.
- An annual Grape Harvest festival takes place in Zielona Góra every September.
- Wine has been grown in Zielona Gora since at least 1314 and is known as the wine capital of Poland.
- Zielona Gora is home to possibly the highest densities of Magpies in the whole of Europe!
- The University of Zielona Góra has more than 12,000 students.
- At the last census the population of Zielona Gora numbered more than 138,000.
- A fascinating open-air Ethnographic Museum can be found just outside Zielona Góra, in Ochla.