A selection of images from our archive of the small town of Zirke / Sieraków in the province of Wielkopolskie in western Poland.
Some things which may be of some interest concerning Sieraków:
- The pre-1918 name for Sierakow was Zirke.
- Sierakow is situated close to the River Warta (Warthe)
- Sierakow has two lakes – Jaroszewskim and Lutomskim.
- A late 19th century synagogue still exists in the town. It is though now disused after many years of use as a cinema.
- Sierakow has its own railway station on the Szamotuły to Międzychód railway line. Unfortunately, trains currently only run during the summer.
- The present-day population of Sierakow is around 6,500.
- Sierakow has a four lane fully-automated ten pin bowling alley!
Related content: Old images of and information on the nearby town of Wronke / Wronki.