A selection of old pictures of pre-war Bernstein, since 1945, Pełczyce, Zachodniopomorskie, Poland.
Some things you may not know about Pełczyce:
- Prior to 1945, Pełczyce, was named Bernstein, and part of Neumark, Germany.
- Pełczyce is a town in the West Pomeranian (Zachodniopomorskie) Voivodeship of Poland.
- The town has a population of just under 2,600.
More about Pelczyce:
- The pre-war Jewish cemetery stll exists. There are around twenty tombstones with inscriptions in both Hebrew and German. The oldest gravestone we could see dates back to 1851.
- Each August an event called The Sweet Rush (Święto Tataraku) takes place in Pelczyce. Activities include a parade and fishing competition.
Related content on Polish Poland:
- Old images and information on nearby Berlinchen / Barlinek.