Our recipe for traditional Polish Cauliflower Bake.
Ingredients for Cauliflower bake:
1/2 onion (chopped)
2 tablespoons ground mustard
ground black pepper
1/2 cup sour cream
200 grams mature cheddar cheese (grated)
2 tomatoes (sliced)
1/2 cup bread crumbs
2 tablespoons butter
paprika (to taste)
1. Boil cauliflower until just tender.
2. Mix together onion, ground mustard, black pepper, sour cream, and cheddar cheese.
3. Add this mixture to the cooked cauliflower and stir in.
4. Place this in a baking dish.
5. Slice tomatoes and place over the top of cauliflower mixture.
6. Melt the butter in a pan. Add bread crumbs to this and stir in.
7. Sprinkle bread crumbs and butter mix on top of the cauliflower mixture. Sprinkle on some paprika.
8. Bake in a preheated oven at 200c for 30 minutes.
1/2 cup of dry goods (breadcrumbs and the like) is approximately equal to 65 grams or 2.25 oz. Whereas, 1/2 cup of soured cream is roughly 170 grams or 6 oz.