A selection of pre-war images of Schubin / Szubin, which is located just south-west of Bydgoszcz, in Poland.
Schubin into Szubin
Until the re-establishment of Poland after the Second World War, the town was part of Prussia, Germany, and named Schubin. At the end of 1918 it became part of Poland and was renamed Szubin.
1939 – 1945
In September 1939 Szubin was occupied by German troops and was incorporated into the Nazi Reich as part of Warthegau and once again named Schubin. During the Second World War a German Oflag prisoner of war camp for French, Polish, Soviet, and later, American officers was established in Schubin (Szubin), which was at that time occupied by Nazi Germany. The town was taken by Soviet troops in late January 1945 and once more returned to Poland.
Szubin is a small town with a population of around 9,000. It is located in the Kuyavian-Pomeranian province of Poland.
Related content: pre-war images and information on the manor house in nearby Grocholin.