An old lithographic picture postcard of Smolna (German: Schmollen), c.1899.
Smolna (former: Schmollen) is a village in the Olesnica (Oels) area of Lower Silesia (Niederschlesien). southwestern Poland.
The shopkeeper and her daughter outside Hugo Keinert’s shop in Smolna (Ober Schmollen), c.1921.
The war memorial (kriegerdenkmal) in Smolna (German name: Schmollen), c.1921.
Smolna lies approximately 7 kilometres south-east of Oleśnica (Oels) and 27 kms east of the city of Wrocław (Breslau).
Max Ritter’s petrol station on the road to Ligota Wielkie (Klein Ellguth) in Smolna (Schmollen), c.1939.
Related webpages on Polish Poland:
- Photos and information on the nearby villages of Ligota Mała (Klein Ellguth), Ligota Wielkie (Gross Ellguth), and Solniki Wielkie (Gross Zoellnig).