Images of and information on the village of Stary Dworek, near Skwierzyna, in Poland.
Some things that not everyone will know about Stary Dworek:
- Prior to the end of the second World War, Stary Dworek was called Althoefchen and part of Germany.
- The name Stary Dworek means ‘Old Manor House’.
- The population of Stary Dworek currently numbers around 240.
- The baroque style Church of St. Joseph in Stary Dworek dates back to 1776.
- The ruins of an eighteenth century manor house and distillery survive.
- The ruins of part of the Międzyrzecz Fortified Region, can still be seen in Stary Dworek.
- The River Obra in Stary Dworek is well-loved by canoeists and kayakers in Poland.
Related content: old picture postcard images of Althoefchen / Stary Dworek.